SkyDemon Subscription Terms
Version 1, last updated 20 January 2015
These are the terms of usage applicable to a SkyDemon subscription. They are set out by us (Divelements Limited trading as SkyDemon) and apply to you (the customer) if you choose to purchase or renew a SkyDemon subscription.
- You will not misuse or abuse the service by placing an unreasonable level of demand on it or by reverse engineering or otherwise interfering with any part of our software or data.
- You will not use any images, text or other output from the software for any purpose other than flight planning or navigation, without our prior written consent.
- You will not use abusive or profane language when communicating with us.
Additional Terms for Personal Subscriptions
These subscriptions are designed for leisure pilots. If you purchase or renew a personal subscription then you must agree to the following:
- You alone will access the SkyDemon service; you may not give your login details to others.
- You will use SkyDemon on a maximum of two PCs and two mobile devices (iOS or Android).
- You will not use your personal subscription in the course of an aviation-related business (aside from flight instruction).
Additional Terms for Corporate Subscriptions
These subscriptions are designed for business use. If you purchase or renew a corporate subscription then you must agree to the following:
- If your subscription is based on a maximum number of users, then you will ensure that the maximum number of users in your organisation who are able to access the SkyDemon service through your account is less than or equal to the number permitted.
- If your subscription is based on a maximum number of devices, then you will ensure that the maximum number of devices logged into our system is less than or equal to the number permitted.
We take meticulous care in the collection and preparation of our aeronautical data and warrant that it is among the most accurate and reliable in the industry. We source the majority of the official data used in SkyDemon from national Aeronautical Information Publications. However, even these documents sometimes contain mistakes, so we cannot guarantee 100% correctness of the data within SkyDemon.
To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all other warranties with respect to our software and service, either express or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused directly or indirectly in connection with usage of our service, except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded.
- In the event that any clause in these terms shall be held to be invalid for any reason and we become liable for loss or damage that may lawfully be limited, such liability shall be limited to the fee paid by you for your subscription.
- We shall not be liable for death or personal injury resulting from the use of our service.
If you are unhappy with your SkyDemon personal subscription you may choose to terminate it within 30 days of paying for your subscription. We will refund your transaction in full, and will ask you to explain why you were unhappy with the service.
We may terminate your subscription with notice if you are found to be in breach of any of these terms and do not take steps to promptly remedy the breach. In the event of such termination no refund will be offered.
You agree that these terms shall be construed in accordance with English Law.